Martin GallagherMartin Gallagher was born in Paisley, Scotland, in 1960 of Irish parents. He has been painting for the past fifteen years and is now living part-time in Sweden.
In the last few years he has developed a unique style and now mainly paints in acrylic and oil.
He works some of the winter months in La Gomera, The Canary Islands, where the landscape and climate and abundance of natural light inspire him to paint.
Living most of his life in Ireland, he has exhibited his work since 1984 in many countries including: New Zealand, Germany, USA, and the UK and has had fourteen one-man shows and ten joint exhibitions to date.
- - Wellington Cultural Centre, New Zealand - 1985
- - Data House, Wellington, New Zealand - 1985
- - Court Gallery, Letterkenny, Ireland - 1986
- - Whitehouse, Sligo, Ireland - 1986
- - Cedar Gallery, Sligo, Gallery - 1988, 1989, 1990
- - Sligo Arts Festival, Ireland- 1987, 1988, 1989
- - Peter Susman Gallery, Nottinghill, London, Ireland - 1990
- - The Gallery, Derry, N. Ireland - 1991
- - Floriens, Crouch End, London, England - 1995
- - Galeria Comercial, Jardin Tecina, La Gomera, Canary Islands - 1997
- - Oisin Art Gallery, Dublin, Ireland - 1998
- - Sligo Arts Gallery, Ireland - 1987, 1988, 1989
- - Combridge Fine Arts Gallery Ltd., Dublin, Ireland - 1989
- - Bart, Pennsylvania, USA - 1990
- - The Barrel Store Galley, Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland -1989
- - Post Office Gallery, Didcot, Oxford, England - 1988
- - Eve Linderīs Gallery, Dublin, Ireland - 1990
- - The Link Arts, Bremen, Germany - 1990
- - The Link Arts, Boston, USA - 1990
- - EStudio, Playa de Santiago de La Gomera, Canary Islands - 1999
- - Sir Derek Hill, Ireland - 1986
- - Eamon Gallagher, EMP, Brussels, Belgium - 1988
- - Dr James Mc Daid, Minister for Tourism, Ireland - 1998
- - Bank of Ireland, Dublin, Ireland - 1999
- - Regis 5-star Hotel, Dublin, Ireland - 1999
Major Commissioned Works:
- - Parter Public Library, West Lak, Ohio, USA (Memorial Painting) - 1988