Carmel KellyCarmel Kelly was brought up in Galway but moved to Dublin with her parents.
She studied at UCG and UCD. Taught physics and maths for over twenty years at Alexandra College, Dublin.
Started painting seriously about twenty years ago. Gave up full-time teaching eleven years ago, to paint.
She has had solo exhibitions at United Arts Club, Dublin, August-September 1993, and The Wyvern Gallery, Dublin, 1995. Carmel also had joint exhibitions with Marie Louise Martin & Jim Manley in the United Arts Club, Dublin in 1995 and 2000. She has had work accepted several times for both RHA and Oireachtais exhibitions.
- Work permanently on exhibition at Opiel Gallery, Bridge Gallery and Kennedy Gallery ,Dublin and Kenny Gallery, Galway.
- Invited to show at Hermione, Rotunda, Cheeverstown and National Children's Hospital exhibitions each year.
- Work in collections in Ireland, England, France, Spain, Germany, U.S.A., and Argentina
- Corporate collections including Bank of Ireland assets management, the Office of Public Works, the E.S.B. and in University College Dublin.
- Full member of the association of artists in Ireland and the International association of professional artists.