Simone WalshBorn in Dublin in 1967, Simone Walsh graduated from the School of Art & Design in Mountjoy Square, Dublin. Her early career focused on illustration and graphic design, before she emigrated to New Zealand in 1993. The quality of life in the southern hemisphere provided Simone with inspiration to pursue her professional career in painting. She has developed her own original technique that truly captures the vibrancy and transparency of colour. Using acrylic paint, gold relief paint and glazes, her work has an unique vibrancy, transparency and three dimensional quality. Her use of relief gold paint adds detail, depth and texture to her work.
Based in Wexford since her return to Ireland in 2000, Simone has developed an extensive and diverse range of subject matter from the city and country scenes, quirky cats, fish and birds, home interiors to seascapes, all of which she executes with captivating charm and character. Simone's paintings hang in private and corporate collections worldwide.
- Art Ireland Summer Collection, R.D.S. 2003, '04, '05, '06.
- Art Ireland Winter Collection, R.D.S. 2000, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05.
- National Art & Craft Fair, R.D.S 2000, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05.
- Cork Arts Fair, City Hall, 2001, '02, '03, '04, '05.
- Belfast Arts Fair, 2000, '04
- World Expo, Dun Laoghaire, 2001, '02, '03, '04, '05.
- The People's Art Exhibition, St. Stephens Green, 2000, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05
- Solo Exhibition, Wexford Festival Opera, 2000, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05
- Solo Exhibition, Kenny's Gallery, Co. Clare, 2003, '04, '05.
- Solo Exhibition, The Dock Gallery, Carrick on Shannon, 2005.